View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Report on Shotgun MOD E-poch

Hello everyone. I was given one of the Modified Epochs to test for one week by Mini-z at our Ann Arbor race. It was in pieces when he gave it to me So he told me as long as I put it back together, I could test it...Plus do a write up on it..So here it goes.
Day 1: In pieces, spent most of my night @ work putting it together. (You damn near have to be a watchmaker to work on these.) When I finally got it together, I was able to run..However I had to use the 180 Mah batteries instead of the Li-Po. This thing flies! It seemed like it has two speeds, very punchy off the start, then the speed really kicks in! This is as fast as a stock Mini-z if not faster.
Day 2: More of the same as Day 1. Called badskater21 to tell him that I had the "LBRC built" Epoch and would like to test it on his track.

Day 3: At Badskater21's Epoch test track, we were able to compare and contrast the modded Epoch with a stock one.
They both wieghed pretty much the same. LBRC's weighed a little bit more in the back. (obviously )
On the track I could only go half throttle down the staights as the car is so fast but very managable. We made video and took pictures that will be forthcoming soon. Must say that this is a amazing little car and as soon as parts are available I'll be one of the first in line for one. Badsketer21 wants one also. So LBRC please put two aside for me and my buddy, this modification is 2nd to none! Excellent work! By the way, if I could send you one of my Epochs could you do the mod for me for a price. Please get back to me on that. Thanks Mini-z for the demo and thanks LBRC for your innovation. Peace.