Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > Batteries

Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 AM

Default superbrain 959

Sup Yall!

I currently use an MRC Super Brain 959 for charging my 1/10 cars. I'd like to be able to use it to charge my Epoch's, and wonder if it is possible. The charger can charge from .5 to I believe 4.5 amps, in increments of .5. Any of you battery experts (LBRC) got an idea? The other question is a good way to connect it. Can I just chop of the connector from the epoch charger and attach the wires to the Tamiya connector or Alligator clips?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:03 AM

The stock battery does ok on 0.3A, 0.5 might be a bit much. If you try it keep an eye on it and watch the heat levels on it. Yea, clips the stock wire and wire it in however. You could even hook it up w/ deans or micro deans so that you can connect the epoch portion to the 959 or to the stock epoch charger so you have both options.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:09 AM

Thanks. Yeah the superbrain 959 is a great charger for the money, but I don't think MRC thought it would be used to charge such small battery packs. They have other superbrians that can be adjusted in smaller increments. One nice thing about the superbrain is that the batteries never get hot. I'm not sure how it works exacty, don't know much about that kind of stuff, but from what I can understand the charger constantly monitors the charge and makes small adjustments throughout. I charge 3800 maH packs at 4 amps and they never get hot. So I'll try it on one of my epochs and see what happens.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:18 AM

Default losi micro t battery

has anyone tried the losi micro t lipo 7.2 volt, or the plantraco 3.7 volt battery in the epoch? Well, im gonna do it, ive already recieved the parts--please advise...
Old 06-25-2007, 07:11 AM

Bad idea 2s 7.4 volt LiPo will toast your Epoch's circuit board.

However a 3.7volt 2p LiPo pack is a nearly perfect Epoch option. BTW Aero-nuts.com has 2p 3.7v 400mAh packs that fit for under $6 each.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 AM

Default project-please advise

just thinking out loud--i would like to make a scratch built rc micro car from the frame/body of a scalextric[sic?] porsch 917, im wanna fab a replica of the original chassis out of composit or carbon fiber, interpose epoch, microt, and maby lit parts to build the front end and perhaps a micro t radio-speedo-rear assembly. ---any ideas? the scalextric cars are really beautiful.
--doug

ps-when do we get spec 3?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:48 AM

I have used this but i am not satisfied with that...
Its timing is too short...
And the other companies are proving the same price battery with some good time ...