Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Building a Rally Epoch.

Hey guys,

I've recently converted an old integra body to a banger/stock car, and I am beginning to love smashing it around and bashing with it... I thought about making a scale offroader, but I figured it wouldn't be worth it, as I may aswell use another vehicle. So...

I decided to go with rally, and I need some tips/opinions/advice etc before/during the build.

I'm starting with a stock epoch, so far I've moved the front spacers above the springs, giving me a little extra clearance... but not quite enough.. I've replaced the rear shock spring with a yellow (medium) Xmod spring that's been stretched, there's now a nice amount of travel, and it soaks up the bumps well.

I'll either double up the spacers, or make some new ones from styrene tubing, so I can solve that problem, the rear I will possibly switch to a slightly stiffer spring, stretched a bit more.

I'm using an Evo body for the first one, but hopefully I'll be able to build more in the future.

When I thought about the chassis, It would be possible to use the front and rear pods, on a new main chassis, something like a dual deck one maybe ? or should I stick with the stock epoch chassis.....

Next I thought about the tires, there's really not many tires i've seen that would be useable, does anybody know of any that would fit under a stock body with a bit of trimming ?

So for now, I'll work on ground clearance, suspension and tires, then I'll think about the chassis....

So... what thought's do you have tucked away in the back of your mind ?