Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > Clubs and Tracks

Old 01-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Default Been working on my Epoch track lately...

I've had this track plan long before RCP went public with their tile tracks, but it always felt too small for mini-z, but now that I have epochs... I went ahead and started working on it.

Right now ill just link to some renders of the track tiles/sections/sets that I was planning... and what I wound up actualy making. It uses 1 foot interlocking mats, that feel identical in foam to the RCP, but they are thinner so they bend easier, wich can be a good thing and a bad thing I guess.

Its setup so 2 of the L's make the middle sized track, and a middle sized track plus the diagonal oval, make the largest track.

Later I will take photos of the actual tiles... and possibly make a "how I did it" page of some sort... it was easier than planned.. but I still have yet to do the hard part, I plan to either spray paint the off track areas green or even cover it with fake grass... or a third idea that I am currently experimenting with .

Last edited by Draconious; 01-11-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:07 PM

Weird it wouldnt let me put the image links in the first post... said too many images in my signature, but i dont have a signature lol

Last edited by Draconious; 01-11-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 PM

This photo shows the 6 different pieces needed to make any of the layouts above.

This shows how big the whole thing is stacked, every tile needed to make the larger layout above.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Looks great

Very nice implementation. Track looks great.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

looks like fun.

no offense, but that and rcp have nothing in common other than being foam tiles.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:47 PM

no offense taken since you missed my point

I used RCP as a time point, of how long these tiles have sat in storage in another room.. before I actualy did somethign with them.

And I used RCP to say that the foam is the same foam used in RCP... just does not have the same thickness... I have RCP tiles, it is the same grade of foam... doubt its from same manufacturer tho... RCP is still better... its a more complete track (walls).. and the textured surface works better... these tiles are like using the untextured side of RCP...

If I did the how to on it... it would be instructions on using the blank Mini RCP tiles to produce the track.

The end result is not shown, it was supose to have train layout like grass hills instead of track walls... thus the green areas. I was just too lazy to carve the foam hills lol... it took long enough just to get the white road lines on.

I will more than likely just sell this track and use the Mini-96 that I have now.