Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 PM

A lot will depend on how things work out, for example I sent you the wrong chassis originally I planed on sending you one with a motor plug on the stock motor output wires so you could bypass the turbo and try the orange motors without it, the red motors are too hot but the orange seem to work if not quite as well without, if so and I can come up with a reasonable priced diff to go with it then there would be a much greater demand since installing the turbo is not for everyone. More and more it’s starting to look like a good aftermarket differential might be the real key, especially since a few people who have managed the turbo installation without a hitch ran into trouble while removing and modding the differential for installation into the Shotgun motor mount.

Then there’s the future of the Epoch in general, let’s say for instance that a future epoch, call it a Spec-3 for lack of a better name just happened to come out a little more upgrade friendly with features like a turbo plug or at least solder tabs on the circuit board and replaceable batteries, well then obviously a large scale production of turbo’s, motor upgrades, battery packs, and such would definitely be called for at which time hopefully a bunch of people/companies would hop on the band wagon and start making and selling upgrades then I wouldn’t have to.

The way things are right now I can make and sell a Turbo, battery pack, motor mount w/bearings and motors for about $50 but that just covers the production costs and doesn’t even come close to any labor compensation especially since I have to make each item by hand one at a time. I do it solely for love of the car and scale.

Ok that’s a lie I secretly hope that the hobby will take off to a point where I could still keep the wife happy but spend the rest of my days happily playing with all the wonderful toys that didn’t even exist before I had to support myself. Am better now back to reality.

Then there’s the installation problem, relatively few people have the ability to install them without assistance so for most a complete chassis is the only feasible option which is even more labor intensive. So for now I plan on putting up a webpage with instructions and some sort of order process for the dedicated, for the future we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited by LBRC; 04-28-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:14 AM

Default a few questions?

lbrc...youve got skillzzzz!!!! the roll of the car is un believeable. i must complement your work and only hope to learn more....
Old 05-15-2006, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyluv
lbrc...youve got skillzzzz!!!! the roll of the car is un believeable. i must complement your work and only hope to learn more....
Sooo True! I can't believe how it just rolls so smooth, like a die cast car or something. Especially compared to a stock epoch wow those things come to a completed stop.

LBRC, just letting you know we appreciate what you are doing, and gives me hope knowing that you are helping out apex in whatever way you can. Thanks man!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:00 PM

is it just me or is there *zero* information about these on the epoch or mtech websites anymore? That's very odd for a car that's still in production. Especially since a lot of the out of production mtech 1/43 models are listed. unless I'm missing it

http://epoch.jp/mtech/index.html
though the mtech trains look somewhat neat. I like how the tracks stack.

Last edited by Reaperman93010; 05-15-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:34 PM

I've raced LBRC's LiPo Epochs many times and I have to say I enjoy them just as much if not more than Mini Zs. Whenever the upgrades are ready or if a ready-to-run car is available pencil me in for an order. Perhaps he can set up a service in where he turns your stock car into a 1/43 scale beast for the price of parts & labor for the not-so mechnically inclined. I love to send my car to him for upgrading. Just something to think about.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I have/had some lexan bodies that I sent to Steelwoolghandi for painting but he hasn’t got around to them yet.
I have been working on one of the bodies and making the mistakes on it I like how things are turning out and I think I have it down how I can paint these without making them look cartoonish or goofy. Also if I don’t get these done soon LBRC is going to send the UK mafia after me....
Old 05-17-2006, 01:09 AM

I was wondering what the status of the Indoor Racer is in Japan. Are they popular? Probably not like the Mini-Z, but I was just wondering.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:10 PM

since nobody else seems to know if they're popular in japan, I'm going to say that they're not. I think they're viewed as a decent toy put out by an okay model company. Just like we think of the revell or jada toys.

I've never seen them mentioned on any japanese sites including any of the epoch websites. not even the epoch/mtech website here:
http://epoch.jp/mtech/index.html
you'd think it would at least be there somewhere...

honestly I don't even know what they're called in japan, or if I have the proper keyboard to search for it--but I have looked.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

my contact in tokyo said they were considered toys there. considering what else they have going on over there i can't blame them.

given the right development here, they could be the next 'microsizer' which was extremely popular.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:14 AM

Well technically ALL R/C models are "toys"!

I put the Epoch more on par with a mini-z than a bit char-g though... proportional steering, a diff, adjustable suspension, the handling and speed out of the box... one close look at one and I think it says "hobby class". Kinda suprised with all the crap Japan has going on with mini-z's there isn't some kind of epoch race series. But I don't know too much about professional R/C racing so maybe I'm just talking out my patoot!