Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2006, 10:49 AM

Well they must think they're profitable "toys" since Kyosho is coming out with their own 1:43 car.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:26 PM

It may be splitting hairs, but I think the kyosho cars are even a bit farther from 1:43 than epochs are. It'd be somewhat interesting to calculate what the scale is actually going to be on them. I suspect they're not all that much smaller than 1/28. 1/32 is about as low as I'd call them, those are very subcompact cars they're modeling.

'hi, I'm kyosho, I know I could sell a whole buttload of tiny cars with red ferrari bodies, but I'd prefer to sell bodies of obscure subcompacts that you probably can't pronounce.'

Last edited by Reaperman93010; 05-24-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 PM

...may be a double post...

Anyway, I agree. I don't think anyone says to themselves, "Man, someday I'm gonna own a sweet car... Like a Daihatsu."

And what are the supposed great features of these things that are going to make them so expensive? I heard they are FM, big deal. If you look at those pictures, it really looks like Kyosho just studied an Epoch chassis and made their own spin on it. Defintely not worth, what, 180 bucks (?!?) when I could get another Epoch that performs as well if not better for all we know. Seriously, anyone know the deal with the "Mini-Z Lit"?

Oh, and 20 bucks says when they come here they are called "Micro-Z"
Old 05-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

someone ran the numebrs and the lit is reported to be a 1/28 scale rc of the full size car. it just so happens that the bodies they chose for the lit are extremely small in real life.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:31 PM

I doubt it's a coincidence. They're probably trying to keep everything ~1/28 and needed a smaller chassis for subcompacts. I guess 'miata' is probably going to be about as cool as cars on that chassis are going to get.

I still think they look a bit small. are the wheels on the lit larger than the epoch? subcompacts have small wheels, but not epoch size.

Last edited by Reaperman93010; 05-27-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:39 PM

once they put a classic mini cooper on it... it will sell more. LoL I can see some one modding that, and having it race against MR02s LOL LOL...

And yes they are supose to be 1:28...
Old 06-26-2006, 03:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to losilover14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBRC
Hobycar - Thank you!

Chuckyluv
Simply PM or Email and I will tell you back with what, I have, what I don’t, how long it would take, and how much. The problem is that I’m out of motors and now down to the wire on making a choice between the 2.3 ohm red and 3.3 ohm orange since the minimum order quantity is quite large.
I have plenty Turbo’s and a halfway decent set of instructions for installation, however advanced soldering skills are needed for installation.

I also have plenty of battery packs; both the 195 NiMH and 340 LiPo but as yet have not finished a decent tutorial for chassis modification and installation.

I am currently making a batch of motor mounts (takes about a week), however every motor set I have left has already been spoken for and I expect it will be at least a month or two before I get more motors in. I also need to make a good set of instructions for removing the axle and modifying it to fit the ball bearings.

As for custom modified chassis or ready sets since I am getting ready for my pilgrimage down to RCX and a very important meeting afterwards, it will be mid May before I can start on any more, even if I solve the motor shortage problem.

Have been working on a web-page once I get the motors, the tutorials done, and some completed parts and cars stockpiled I will put it up.
For a Mini-96 track: After receiving an email from Arch I started wondering how a ball bearing front hub, turbo,195 mah, upgraded steering servo car with a stock motor in an aluminum bb motor mount would do on the Mini-96 track. I don’t think the ball bearings and high current battery would ease/level the current drain enough to solve the steering instability caused by the Aquaspeed, although it might just be enough for a 36 gage BSRT.

Bodies; unfortunately nothing much happening yet. So far the only thing I’ve found that really fit was the NASCAR Windracer even then only the Dodge was wide enough. I have/had some lexan bodies that I sent to Steelwoolghandi for painting but he hasn’t got around to them yet. The banked oval race crowd in Santa Maria are adapting die-cast bodies and working on an aluminum body. As for an Epoch body the first new bodies would likely be something like NASCAR since the math is simple they have more fans willing to buy something related to their passion, than existing micro RC fans, the good news is that once the car gets going again when could then put our vote in for something fun, maybe like this Bugatti.

hey lbrc u talked about santa maria. not a very known town and its like 5 min away from my house. do u live near there? is there any special like epoch thing there?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 AM

Me no I’m over a thousand miles north, however if the city manages to approve a minor rezoning request about a mile from the Santa Maria airport will be the new home of the North American distributor and one of the largest indoor raceways in the country.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to losilover14

is it by anychance called Apex racing? because i tried to find it today but no luck. well lemme kno if itell be open before the 4th of july weekend because debbies rc world will be my new home in VA
Old 07-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkweather
And what are the supposed great features of these things that are going to make them so expensive?
It also has ICS which means you can plug it into your PC to adjust various settings; only the AD band Mini-Z boards have this type of functionality.