Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 10-22-2006, 11:50 AM

Default Some epoch/DG photos.-56k warn.

Hey guys,
Finally got a photo resizer that works good for me, and I can now post up some pictures that I took earlier today of my epoch and DG master.... Hope you all enjoy them

DG master:

These bodies were thrown in on the deal for free, along with 4 clear lexan bodies, 2 nascar and 2 others, allthough those dont photograph very well
Old 10-22-2006, 11:51 AM

When I opened up the DG master to check out the motor, it was the same size as one of the few I had lying around on my bench, I installed it and boy oh boy, this thing boosts speed like no other, it has to be the fastest drop-in style upgrade available, there's no need for another cell now, or a turbo, I have all the speed i'll ever need, it has insane amounts of tourque, and runs absolutely perfect on a stock PCB, which is another great feature. Luckily I have another 1 of these, so if anybody has a DG master they want to smoke some epoch's with, let me know B)
Stock - left, new - right.

Epoch:

Sexy turbo! Yeah baby
Old 10-22-2006, 11:52 AM

Enjoy!
I have some video coming soon, of my attempts to drift my DG master, i'm getting there...slowly hehe...
Old 10-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Nice stable h_s2k! Can you tell us more about those bodies?!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:17 PM

Hey epoch1-43 ,

Thanks!
I dont know anything about them myself actually, they originally came from "steelwoolghandi" a member from bitpimps, i'll send him an email and see what I can find out for you
Old 10-22-2006, 08:02 PM

Nice collection of bodies. Also, cool on the DG motor swap. What do you know about the new motor (so other users can replicate)?

Have you run the epoch yet? You're missing out if you haven't.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:37 PM

I ran the epoch for a few mins, but I found it quite slow for some reason, as if it lacked power, maybe I didnt give it a decent charge or something, but I managed to break the motor, well the brushes at least, hence looking for a motor in my other thread, so to be true, I havent ran the epoch properly so to speak, as of yet.

I'll get back to you on some results when I find a new motor.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog4w View Post
Nice collection of bodies. Also, cool on the DG motor swap. What do you know about the new motor (so other users can replicate)?

Have you run the epoch yet? You're missing out if you haven't.
Well, finally today I managed to install one of these same motors that's in my DG master, into my epoch, my epoch allready has 4cells, a bug turbo, and now this motor, I cant say that it's nearly as fast as my DG master, because it actually isnt, it's a long way off.

BUT - and thats a BIG BUT!

Once I got used to running this for 2/3 mins I was having a blast! It was great fun, the steering is buttery smooth, the accelleration - ditto, it's a brilliant car for racing, and I now love it to peices, apart from the speed, i'd go epoch over DG 100% now, I'm hopefully going to order a new epoch and a shotgun motor mount for christmas, I'm really hooked on these.

Here's a video of my DG master in action, remember, this is STOCK with just an upgrade motor, I happened to find on my bench This thing shreds!

Here's me, still trying to drift RWD rc cars, as usual
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxPEngLfdKc
Old 10-23-2006, 05:53 AM

With the mods your epoch has it should be slow, do you have anyone to race with just to show epoch vs dg in a video? My bro has the shotgun setup with his epoch, and doesn't let me run it hes scared to ruin the anodized motorpod lol but i'd say it's like the speed of your current DG master, but with the qualities of the epoch (smooth, control etc).
Old 10-23-2006, 06:22 AM

Hmm, my concern is that my stock dg with a better motor, is alot faster than my 4cell turbo'ed epoch, now with the exact same motor...., I'm having trouble seeing what makes the DG so much faster ? I'm guessing it's to do with 2 things, the weight, and the electronics.... I'm currently trying to figure out how to wire up an Iwaver02 PCB to the epoch, and see if that makes any difference, at the least I should get some better low-throttle control

I'll see what I can do about the epoch vs DG video for you, allthough I dont have anyone to race with, so it'll just be a straight line across the kitchen, just to compare