Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > epoch1-43.com

Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Buy/Sell fourm?

Well, i think sooner or later once there is more than a 100 users ppl will want to sell there items! I think a Epoch only buy/sell is what we need...
Old 07-26-2005, 12:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to sg219

Damn, I didn't even notice that there wasn't a BST section.

Good call.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:07 AM

This section (general discussion) is what the Tiny family uses as a BST forum.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:07 AM

Its too random..not well thought out IMHO..

By haveing a proper BST you get rules and a true market feel. Rules such as needing to have in the topic FS (forsale) FT (for trade) WTB/WTT (want to trade/buy) and rules such as minmum 50 posts of usfule help and referances and help setup a stabile BST that works!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_o_matic
Its too random..not well thought out IMHO..

By haveing a proper BST you get rules and a true market feel. Rules such as needing to have in the topic FS (forsale) FT (for trade) WTB/WTT (want to trade/buy) and rules such as minmum 50 posts of usfule help and referances and help setup a stabile BST that works!

I can't really speak for other Tiny Forums, because I honestly have other homes that I became involved with first that I tend to spend most of my forum time at, but I will agree with having a seperate section.

However, I am a member at them. I do visit. I think I'm going to like this one. NO red.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

reluctantly i would have to agree with this. it's been a headache from day one keeping sales/trades/buys within the misc. subform on mzr. i understand the rule has been clearly posted and been there for a long time but it's jsut something that continually gets ignored and or abused. hE is still fresh and new so i don't expect there to be much going on in this dept. there. trc has one i believe?
having a specifc subforum for this can be done much easier by setting posting requirements such as 50 post count on teh software side so no moderation is even required. forum editing can be set to replace keywords that get removed with links to rules so members/admin don't have to continually repost links and or explain why something gets edited. the simple fact is nearly every forum does in some form or another and and it gets conviently forgotten when someone complains when it happens to them on a trc, inc. site.

anyway, i know epoch1-43 has some options, i just hope they can be implemented, possibly when or after all the sister sites are upgraded. it makes it easier for the members and less policing for the moderators/admin.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:28 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
reluctantly i would have to agree with this. it's been a headache from day one keeping sales/trades/buys within the misc. subform on mzr. i understand the rule has been clearly posted and been there for a long time but it's jsut something that continually gets ignored and or abused. hE is still fresh and new so i don't expect there to be much going on in this dept. there. trc has one i believe?
having a specifc subforum for this can be done much easier by setting posting requirements such as 50 post count on teh software side so no moderation is even required. forum editing can be set to replace keywords that get removed with links to rules so members/admin don't have to continually repost links and or explain why something gets edited. the simple fact is nearly every forum does in some form or another and and it gets conviently forgotten when someone complains when it happens to them on a trc, inc. site.

anyway, i know epoch1-43 has some options, i just hope they can be implemented, possibly when or after all the sister sites are upgraded. it makes it easier for the members and less policing for the moderators/admin.

So is that a thumbs up?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

it's not up to me..... i'm just a plain old member here
Old 07-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Good idea RE setting restrictions in the Forums software Arch! Will get this set up soon!