Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > Motors

Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Shotgun Motor final values

Yea the motors arrived, and I am now in no danger of running out of motors for the Shotgun mounts.

I made some minor adjustments on my initial test values and finally decided on and orderd the following motors. Only problem was that I forgot to specify red for the 22K motor end-caps but green is good too. The motors where made to order for the Shotgun by MPM the company that made the SuperSlick and ZipZap Monster Truck motors. The orange motors are nearly identical to the orange SuperSlicks with just a hair more torque, while the green are a slight improvement on a SuperSlick Red motor.

7mm x 18mm Coreless Motor Specs:
Note; RPM and Current values are for 2.4v at 3.6 they will be higher.

Orange (Track)
No Load RPM: 20,000
No Load Current: 16mA
Stall Current 448mA
Starting Voltage: 0.3v
Armature Resistance: 4 ohms

Green (Street Rocket/Banked Oval/Micro Flyer)
No Load RPM: 22,000
No Load Current: 17mA
Stall Current 551mA
Starting Voltage: 0.3v
Armature Resistance: 2.9 ohms
Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

awsome! for those that have not seen the shotgun in action, it will make you rethink what a toy rc can do

the one dc has is mini-z fast
Old 06-26-2006, 07:22 PM

Great,....Now where's the Order form?
Will it come with the ball diff? Lots of us are anxious!!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:49 PM

Yes LBRC, I want the shot gun set up kit myselfe. I need your motor pod for my pan chassis kit I'm working on.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:36 PM

Hell yeah LBRC, I want one. No, I want 2. Let us know when they are for sale. Are you going to sell them out of the shop here?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

lbrc, you know i'll be picking up one
Old 06-29-2006, 08:59 AM

Life, the pursuit of happiness, and 24 hours in a day (stupid there should be at least 60) seems to be getting in the way, but here’s the status of the Shotguns.

I have a current batch of 30 mounts I’m plugging away at, It’s my first large batch trial and I guess I’m dragging my feet a bit since if I screw up the whole batch is ruined but it beats the heck out of making them one at a time. The real problem is that although I now have motors I’m still waiting on pinion gears and my initial stock pile is gone. The good news is that as long as I don’t screw up on the larger batches by the time the gears arrive I should have enough mounts ready to put up the website I’ve been working on. It has instructions, examples/tutorials, and yes a PayPal ordering link. Once I accumulate a decent stockpile I will contact TinyRC and see if D wants to carry a few in the shop.

Also on the plus side I have confirmed that you can run the orange motors without a turbo, and not be disappointed. Although I’ve also found that once you add the turbo you really should upgrade the batteries too.

Changes
After modifying the Nikko Enzo I decided to make a few changes to the Shotgun by doing away with the mounting slot center ridge since the only thing it did was keep you form using custom suspension/mounting plates. Additionally I added extra mounting screw holes so that the chassis can be stretched to a 65mm wheelbase. The other minor change is to use a small bead of RTV to hold the motors in place, it’s easily removed easily replaced and no matter how many times you roll the motors don’t come loose.

Please pardon the pun, but the other ulterior reason for doing away with the center ridge is of course to help the Shotgun mount see the “Lit” if you know what I mean.

What about Diff’s?
Currently they don’t come with differentials, and I’ve put my ball diff project on hold. Why? Because I got a good close look at the Mini-Z Lit at RCX and it’s my belief that shortly after it’s released either Kyoso or one of the Mini-Z aftermarket parts manufacturers will be doing us the humongous favor of making a ball diff for the Lit and due to their similarities I’m expecting very little difficulty if any in adapting it for Epoch use on the Shotgun.

And what about Pre-built Super Epoch’s?
Sorry but until I get caught up I can’t in good conscience add any more names to the list. Once caught up I will gladly build one for anyone without the required soldering skills and equipment who wants a stupid-fast Epoch.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2006, 04:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to losilover14

hey lbrc is it possible to just make modified rear pods with motors and diffs and external turbo and sell it as like a combo deal? if so pleaseee lemme get one from ya
Old 06-30-2006, 04:46 AM

Currently there is no practical single piece source for the differentials they have to come out of an Epoch. As I said above a differential is what we are hoping Mini-Z Lit aftermarket parts will give us. If and when they become available and can adapt them, I will make a valiant attempt to get a large order at wholesale prices so that they can be offered with the Shotgun at a decent price.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:38 AM

Default Epoch Bling

A few more little Epoch jewels.