Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Old 09-02-2006, 10:03 PM

Default Hi Everybody! I Just found this place.

I just linked over here from someone's signature at MZR. Since I'm building a Table top tarmac rally with infields for crawling I'm really getting into the 1/43 scale.

I currently have a DG Master Subaru, a RS 50th Anniversary Vette and 4 SSMT143. No epoch car yet but I did trade LBRC a GPM Mini-Z motor for an Epoch PCB that will find its way into either one of my SSMT143s or one of my MicroZ GTs. The MicroZ GT is a 1/50 scale ZZSE so my Nissan X Terra and Hummer H1 are about as much bigger than a ZZSE as they should be.

I guess you guys have Epoch RTRs here so I will start saving for one now. Here are some pics of my 1/43 collection:

Ram Stough, my first SSMT143 on the infield of my track

Shots of the track in the early stages of construction:

IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/davemud/ZipZap%20Raceway%20Construction/1223041026.jpg[/IMG]

I'll post pics of the cars later.

DM

Last edited by davemud; 09-02-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:04 AM

Great looking track and welcome! You've done some really cool work that I've seen on various other forums so I look forward to seeing what you do with that epoch whenever you get it. One of the things all of us love about the epoch is that it drives great out of the box. Want to go faster, fine, then paypal LBRC and you're running as fast as the mini-z's

Back to the track, looks really tight. How does the DG Master do on it? Its hard to tell but it looks like there are elevation changes in the track, but what about the surface? Any loose gravel type stuff for the rallying?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 AM

Hi cdog, thanks. No elevation changes yet. The surface in those shots are 2 old closet doors painted black with interior egg shell paint. Since then I've textured the surface to look like old patchy pavement.

The masking tape bridges in those pics are now ratty old busted up concrete bridges that are so disintigrated that they are open patches of dirt. One is a gable and the other is domed. The choke points are now wider and the rails are now polyethelene tubing.

The infields are dirt but none of the track is yet. I'm adding a new bench though hopefully this weekend and that will be a dirt section. I'll post some new pics of the track tomorrow.

Actually that top pic is a newer picture. Youcan see a bit of the new track surface and the poly tube rails. This one is also a newer shot. You can see abit more of the surface and the tranny and rear diff skid plates I made for RamStough

I bought the RS Vette a while ago used but the steering isn't working yet. If I can't get it working then the Epoch board I got from LBRC will go in the Vette.

Both the ZZSEs and DG Master do well on this track out of the box. Since its a table top track they are quite fast for this track stock. The only problem the DGM has is the lip of the front air dam binds on the tube barriers. I have to make a little bumper for it.

DM

Last edited by davemud; 09-03-2006 at 08:21 AM.