Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > Off-Topic

Old 03-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Default 1:32 Jada RC

i think i found another good chassis to modify!

i happened to be in toysrus looking for a quick b-day gift for my son and came across some new jada rc's. they have something called 'chub city' for little kids which i thought was cute so i bought one for my youngest son and they had plastic 'big time muscle' rc's as well. both look like dead on 1:32 scale as well. these are only $10 btw.

these run on 27mhz and have 4 channels to choose from. the interesting thing is you can select from all for on each car rather than having to buy a car with a preselected channel.

the motor looks just like the epoch motor. very similar gearing i think.

the steering is much like a bit car (non propo). the interesting thing however is the steering parts look much more complex and could easily be adapted i think for higher quality steering if not just swaped out.

take a look at some of the pictures i took. sorry for them being so dark, it's past 11pm already.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...at=770&ppuser=

let me know what you guys think? i want to get some opinions before i start hacking
Old 03-09-2006, 05:06 AM

I'd say go for it, I want to see what it can do. I have an old Monogram snap tite Lamborghini Countach that I have been itching to make into an RC car. Love to see what can be done.

If I see one at Wal Mart, I'm grabbing it. They look neat anyway. I wonder if there are upgrade kits for them.

Last edited by HammerZ; 03-09-2006 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b

chuckyluv from mzr just got the camaro rc car and is putting an iwaver board into it. i'll see if i can't get him to post something on it here