Epoch Indoor Racer - epoch1-43.com

Go Back   epoch1-43.com Forums > General Discussion > Batteries

Old 04-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Default Battery Packs

ok, who has what and how did you build them or where did you buy them?

seriously, i'm looking for a 4 cell pack to compliment my recently purchased bug turbo.

are there any offical upgrade packs ie; urc or other manufacturers?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:21 AM

I'm looking for the same info, i'm tired of making packs with not so good batteries, i need more run time!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:33 AM

I dunno what LBRC would say (I think he gets single cells somewhere), but bphobbies.com has 180 kan cell packs and the micro connectors he uses. So get a 6 cell and split it into two 3 cell packs, or get an 8 cell and split into two 4 cell packs etc. For my use, with the turbo and shotgun motor mount, 3 cells is just fine.

Could also check cheapbatterypacks.com for single cells?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog4w
I dunno what LBRC would say (I think he gets single cells somewhere), but bphobbies.com has 180 kan cell packs and the micro connectors he uses. So get a 6 cell and split it into two 3 cell packs, or get an 8 cell and split into two 4 cell packs etc. For my use, with the turbo and shotgun motor mount, 3 cells is just fine.

Could also check cheapbatterypacks.com for single cells?
Yeah you are right the 3 cells is just fine with the shotgun setup, 4 cells would only cause stuttering. But i read in one of LBRC's posts that he has quite a few battery packs, but he is waiting on a tutorial before he sells them, is that correct LBRC?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 PM

I think Badskater21 knows where to get 4 cell packs. But I think I'd rather use 3 cell packs. However I have an Aquaspeed moter in my car should I just stick to getting 4 cell packs?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Administrator

We used to sell them, if there's enough interest then there's no reason we can't start again; here's a tutorial on how to add a 4th cell to the stock pack btw:

http://tinyrc.com/articles/epoch4cell/

Old 01-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Administrator

i figured out why my epoch was nto running anymore.... the stock battery pack is fried. nto sure how that happend but doesnt' change the fact that i am now in need of a new pack.

where can i get a better 3 cell pack?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 AM

My favorite is the 3-cell 195 packs, you do have cut modify the chassis for them to fit but it’s worth it, it's easy to make two out of readily available 6-cell packs with the cells stacked side by side, or out of individual cells, I also make them for Epoch fans so if I was sending you anything else . You can also order a custom 3 or 4 cell Kan 160 pack from CBP for reasonable price that may fit in an unmodified Epoch, but if not it’s simplicity itself to chop one side of the battery box off so it will, or go ahead and do the R&R battery mod.

And of course the Micro-T 4 cell packs; which BTW when combined with using the Micro-connector set (PN: LOSB0860) for the R&R battery mod makes a wonderful dual purpose battery pack. Options include the stock Micro-T 150mAh 4-cell, the 160 from OnlyBatteryPacks.com, and the 3.7V 320mAh LiPo from MaxAmps.com.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Administrator

it just so happens that i have an extra micro-t battery pack with deans polarized micro connectors.

i'll try to see how hard it would be to get into an epoch.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBRC View Post
My favorite is the 3-cell 195 packs, you do have cut modify the chassis for them to fit but it’s worth it, it's easy to make two out of readily available 6-cell packs with the cells stacked side by side, or out of individual cells, I also make them for Epoch fans so if I was sending you anything else . You can also order a custom 3 or 4 cell Kan 160 pack from CBP for reasonable price that may fit in an unmodified Epoch, but if not it’s simplicity itself to chop one side of the battery box off so it will, or go ahead and do the R&R battery mod.

And of course the Micro-T 4 cell packs; which BTW when combined with using the Micro-connector set (PN: LOSB0860) for the R&R battery mod makes a wonderful dual purpose battery pack. Options include the stock Micro-T 150mAh 4-cell, the 160 from OnlyBatteryPacks.com, and the 3.7V 320mAh LiPo from MaxAmps.com.
My new favourite batteries are also the 3-cell 195 packs! With my piranha i'm getting sweeeeeeet runtimes, and lots of power/speed. Not sure if i let you know about them yet LBRC, but i love 'em!